[PLUG] Re: [pasa-discuss] Re: [ptp-general] Re: [PLUG] Re: [Pdx-pm] We might get OSCON...

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Thu Jul 17 13:07:02 UTC 2003

I'm sort of reading this and sort of staying out of the discussion, but:

    -  The Oregon Convention Center is far from perfect, but I
       think it is affordable.  It is worthly of consideration.

    -  How much conference space does the Jantzen Beach Double Tree have?
       I suppose the Holt Center is inconveniently located for O'Reilly
       (and PLUG).

                                                     Dave

On 17 Jul 2003, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> John> http://www.oregoncc.org/space/space.asp
> John> only way to tell would be for OSCON folks to have OCC run a match
> John> against available room "Series".  There are some nice features in OCC,
> John> but it ain't downtown, so the environ and culture is different.
>
> It's also very likely Much More Expensive than a hotel space, and a
> nearby staging hotel would still be required to manage the convention.
>
> A lot of the space in a hotel comes at a discount because a lot of
> rooms are being booked in the same hotel.  The Expo Center needs no
> such incentive.
>
> --
> <merlyn at stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
> See PerlTraining.Stonehenge.com for onsite and open-enrollment Perl training!

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist
                                          Portland Linux/Unix Group