[PLUG] Anyone testing 2.6 kernel?

Aaron Baer judah at opusnet.com
Thu Jul 17 16:46:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 13:05, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003, Cory Meisch wrote:
>
> > Just curious. I keep getting kernel panic: attempted to kill init
> > errors...
>
> If you're running Red Hat 9, you'll have troubles because of the new
> threading libraries -- but I haven't taken the time to investigate
> what it'd take to make it work.

The only threading library issues I've had is with the latest rpm
version. You can use the LD thread thingerbob to get around it.

I had to tweak a couple of startup things in rc.sysinit and in
modprobe.conf because there is a new module naming scheme.  .ko
and I upgraded a couple of packages..

<wink>
This could be helpful:
http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.5/
</wink>

I also had a problem with my touch pad on a Dell Latitude 640.. It
didn't work. And I'm not sure yet whether support is even in 2.6 yet.

Anyway..
A-

--
----