[PLUG] Covad DSL?

Sandy Herring sandy at herring.org
Thu Jul 17 20:51:02 UTC 2003

I'd be interested to know (1) what Covad charges, and (2) what connection
speed they provide. It sounds like those who responded that they use Covad
are /not/ using them for their ISP. Judging from Covad's web site, that
would make them way more expensive than my current DSL provider (Verizon).
Their TeleSurfer PLUS DSL is $49.95/mo. - around $14 more than I'm currently
paying for the same speed (but I get a static IP). I don't want to drop
Aracnet. I /am/ interested in upgrading to 1.5Mbps/384Kbps, but I'm
grandfathered into a sweet deal for 1.5/128 and it would cost me another
$10/mo. to upgrade (not counting Aracnet's increase). But Covad appears to
charge $69.95 for 1.5/384 - such a deal. So... what's the deal?

Sandy
--
Sandy Herring, RHCE                        o              sandy at herring.org
Peck of Pickled Pisces               __  o               http://herring.org/