[PLUG] Possible Comcast Issue

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Fri Jul 18 09:25:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Olds, Aaron M wrote:

> I have tried both ways...ACTIVE and PASSIVE.
> What's strange is that it always craps out at about 10megs into the file...

On a Linux box? Of course!  Graphical ftp client or command line tool?
I've seen when using gftp to some sites that it fails part way through the
download but if I 'ftp' from the command line I get the file(s).
  If you're not using a Linux box there used to be some issues (and
probably still are) with MS' tcp/ip stack that caused failures but more
often around 3 MByte.

Does COMCAST do PPPoE?  Does PPPoE require/use MTU settings. (Never had to
deal with it.)  MTUs: Bigger is faster (less timeouts), smaller is slower
but the rest of the connection activities are more responsive.

Or I could be out to lunch.

Rod