[PLUG] Re: [lug] Spam Filtering With Remote Access

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Fri Jul 18 11:28:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 10:50, John Sechrest wrote:

> I would leave an escape for the onid users who try to filter
> mail. Loosing procmail is a big loss. The cyrus filter tools
> are not nearly as flexible nor as powerful.

True, it isn't as powerful as procmail, but I'be coped by doing my own
filtering (by list or sender) with Sieve and using
amavisd-new+SpamAssassin to filter for spam, which works fine.  But I
can completely understand the disadvantages if you have power users who
are accustomed to procmail and demand it.  Fortunately, in most of my
installations, I don't.

There has been some talk on the info-cyrus list about making the Sieve
components into loadable modules, which would open it more flexibility,
but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
*   Naked Ape Consulting                 http://nakedape.cc  *