[PLUG] Covad DSL?

Ed Sawicki ed at alcpress.com
Fri Jul 18 16:40:03 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 16:33, Derek Loree wrote:

> Seems like it would be easier to keep a list of IP addresses that you
> want to receive mail from, then let the firewall drop everyone else.
> Then if anyone in the company sends an email to a new IP address, they
> just tell you and you add it to the list.

That's exactly what I do. We maintain a white list so
we can still communicate with people who are within the
black listed netblock.

> I'm against blocking email by IP address, the availability of legitimate
> email suffers too much with this kind of filtering.

I assume that you don't really mean this. You already stated
that the firewall should block mail from all IP addresses not
on the white list.

--
Ed Sawicki <ed at alcpress.com>
ALC