[PLUG] Communities (was Covad DSL?)

Ed Sawicki ed at alcpress.com
Sat Jul 19 08:53:02 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-18 at 21:39, Carla Schroder wrote:

> How is that a problem for your client? If he is using public DNSBLs, such as
<snip>
>  Why would anyone block huge ip blocks? Of the thousands of messages I've ever
> received from China, for one example, not one was a legitimate message.
<snip>
> Thank the spammers for ruining one of the greatest innovations of all time.
> Don't blame the people who take strong measures to protect their systems.

Spam aside, there's a basic belief about the Internet that
most people on the net have - that the Internet SHOULD
allow anyone on the net to communicate with anyone else -
that insulating yourself from a segment of the net
population is wrong. Perhaps this larger issue should be
discussed before we declared spam-fighting strategies as
right or wrong.

--
Ed Sawicki <ed at alcpress.com>
ALC