[PLUG] Slackware-9.0 questions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jul 19 17:49:02 UTC 2003

  Finally put Slackware-9.0 on my fiancee's machine. Everything seems to be
working except networking. /sbin/ifconfig shows that eth0 is up and running.
The boot messages indicate that the LinkSys EtherFast 10/100 pcmcia card is
recognized and the NE2000 module is loaded. But, the lights on the network
card adapter plug don't come on and I cannot reach the network by pinging.

  How do I determine just where the problem might be?

  OK, now Slack-specific questions. When I installed the distribution, some
files were installed when I wasn't given the opportunity to deselect them.
How, in Slackware, do I determine what packages are installed? (The
equivalent of Red Hat's 'rpm -qa'.)

  Is the pkgtools what I use to completely remove unwanted packages?

TIA,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)