[PLUG] allowing user to control domains

Keith Morse kgmorse at mpcu.com
Sat Jul 19 20:18:01 UTC 2003

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Josh Orchard wrote:

> All,
>
> I know there has been talk occasionally about a web interface that allows
> for a user to control the aspects of his domain.  I would like
> recommendations if there is anyone out there using one.  Web interface is
> nice but not required.  I've heard of ispman but have never tried it
>
> other suggestions?
>
> I want to give one user the ability to add other users to get email within
> his domain.  As well as control other aspects of the domain.  I have
> webmin up and running and that is nice but I don't see how to allow a user
> the ability to add users that would make the needed changes to postfix for
> the users.

Two that come to mind for me is plesk and/or cpanel.  I've not used or
investigated either but have seen them referenced on the isp-linux list
found at isp-planet.com.  I'd normally recommend searching their archives,
but the tool they provide is quite atrocious.  Probably a judicious use of
google against that might bring some results.  This topic comes up quite
frequently and is debated vigorously.