[PLUG] Communities (was Covad DSL?)

Bill bill at coho.net
Sun Jul 20 04:05:03 UTC 2003

So maybe we need a geek solution for the Winblows and Mac users--how about
a proggie that does what spamassassin does, but without the necessity of
running a mail server, and with graphical configuration?  Or maybe
spamassassin works without and mail server and I just don't know it.  But
something very like spamassassin, that could run in the background on a
Winblows/Mac system, and filter mail as it hit the folders (before
Outlook's filtering kicked in, or instead).  If it's free and easy to set
up, enough people might use it to persuade ISPs not to do dubious
filtering schemes.  This could also get rid of vbscripts that make changes
to registry/startup files (and just what in the pluperfect hell was M$
thinking when they had their scripting engine promiscuosly run anything,
including stuff that made major alterations to system files!!???!!  Though
this did increase the demand for tech support workers, which used to keep
food on my table).

Bill