[PLUG] color ink jet printer

Zot O'Connor zot at whiteknighthackers.com
Sun Jul 20 22:26:02 UTC 2003

I have an HP OfficeJet T45.  It was pretty inexpensive.  Its an All in
One (Fax/Scan/Printer/Copier).

It works nicely.  The driver for the HP line is an opensource driver
project driven by HP (hpoj.sf.net).  It was a little tricky getting to
work before RH9, but now with cups, a modern ghostscript, and a clean
build it should be close to plug and play (it was identified by ku

It has held up for over 3 years.  Just recently I have had something
wonky, but it seems to have been fixed by opening all the portals, and
moving all the parts carefully.

Cartridge prices are OK.  Fry has a 3rd party brand that works.  It is a
3 color cart (and a Black one).

I can pretty darn High-Res color, and nice fast draft prints.

--
Zot O'Connor

http://www.ZotConsulting.com
http://www.WhiteKnightHackers.com