[PLUG] Possible Comcast Issue

Karol Kulaga root at loraksus.d2g.com
Tue Jul 22 20:30:03 UTC 2003

I think comcast uses bootstrap on port 69 as a keep alive. Probably your
problem. Typical situation is you get an ip, a couple hours later, a server
checks to see if you're still there, if not, it drops you, your box
recognizes this a couple minutes later and the process begins again.

I might be wrong, but check your logs for inbound connections to port 69 and
/ or "bootstrap agent" from an comcast server.
Good luck.