[PLUG] Running RPM -Uvh gives segmentation fault

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Jul 23 09:56:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com> writes:

Paul> I don't have any Mandrake-specific experience, but you might try
Paul> wrapping strace around rpm to see where the failure is really
Paul> taking place, e.g.,

Paul>   strace -o /tmp/rpm-trace rpm -Uvh libintl2-0.11.5-2mdk.i586.rpm

Maybe not necessary with rpm, but I am in the habit of giving strace
the -f option too, which will also strace any processes that fork.

--
Russell Senior         ``shtal latta wos ba padre u prett tu nashtonfi
seniorr at aracnet.com      mrlosh''  -- Bashgali Kafir for ``If you have