[PLUG] Running RPM -Uvh gives segmentation fault

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Jul 23 11:32:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 08:49, Michael Luevane wrote:

> The actual issue is when I get to an RPM that doesn't have any dependency
> issues (i.e., it should install just fine). It goes through the install, I
> watch the hash marks go across the screen then I get a Segmentation fault.
> Every time. Happens with two different packages right now,
> libdbtcl3.3-3.3.11-13mdk.i586.rpm and libintl2-0.11.5-2mdk.i586.rpm
> RPM version is 4.0.3

1. Make sure the packages themselves are good.  Verify with
  rpm -K packagefile

2. Rebuild your database with 'rpm --rebuilddb', perhaps first removing
/var/lib/rpm/__db.00[123].

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
*   Naked Ape Consulting                 http://nakedape.cc  *