[PLUG] Disappearing network interface

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 23 19:08:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   The card I purchased is a Zonet ZEN1200 that says on the box it works on
> linux. Boot messages found a 8139too interface. I uncommented that module in
> /etc/rc.d/rc.modules and rebooted. No difference.

  According to the linux on laptops Web site, the Zonet fast ethernet cards
require the pcnet_cs module. Anyone know where I can find such a beast for
the 2.4.20 kernel in Slackware-9.0.0?

  Or, if I bring it back, where can I get a fast ethernet NIC, pcmcia card
that works? I know the 3Com ones do.

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President