[PLUG] printer issue

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Jul 25 09:26:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Aaron Burt wrote:

> Have you checked the menus in the printer?  Could be the default paper
> size has been set to A4.
>
> BTW, the main advantage to using the IIp driver over the Series II driver
> is that the IIp supports data compression.  Mainly affects print speed.

  OO.o can be a major PITA to configure properly and consistently. As root
you need to run spdadmin to set up the printers. You also need to define the
layout you want -- including page size and margins -- and save that as the
default. I find all this to be rather ugly and a bother each time I upgrade,
but that's the price to be paid for slavishly following Microsoft.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
                         http://www.appl-ecosys.com/