[PLUG] Running RPM -Uvh gives segmentation fault

Zot O'Connor zot at whiteknighthackers.com
Fri Jul 25 10:32:02 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 20:06, Kenneth G. Stephens wrote:

> How about  doing an rpm2cpio on the rpm and seeing if the package is
> complete.  You can actually get a file list and information directly
> from the package by using:
>
> rpm -qilp package.name.rpm
>
> Ken

Eric recommended the -K option which is the same as checksig.  From the
man page:

      rpm {--checksig} [--nosignature] [--nodigest]
           PACKAGE_FILE ...

       The  --checksig  option checks all the digests and signatures contained
       in PACKAGE_FILE to ensure the integrity and origin of the package. Note
       that  signatures  are  now  verified  whenever  a  package is read, and
       --checksig is useful to verify all of the digests and signatures  asso-
       ciated with a package.

       Digital  signatures  cannot be verified without a public key.  An ascii
       armored public key can be added to the rpm database using --import.  An
       imported  public key is carried in a header, and key ring management is
       performed exactly like package management. For example,  all  currently
       imported public keys can be displayed by:

Now I am not sure if the internals to know if this really works, i.e. it
checks every file, or if it checks a sig to the whole cpio....

--
Zot O'Connor

http://www.ZotConsulting.com
http://www.WhiteKnightHackers.com