Integrated MB (was: Re: [PLUG] New Linux PVR)

TFC creelan at engr.orst.edu
Fri Jul 25 17:55:02 UTC 2003

robinsoq wrote:

[snip]
>     My frustration with Intel is this:
>
>           1) An attitude of zero responsibility for labeling products
>              that are poorly tested or have experimental parts on them.

Actually relative to other chipsets, Intel has a reputation for
stability and compatibility.

"Intel's Conservative Chipsets"
1. http://www.hardwarecentral.com/hardwarecentral/reports/4221/1/

> I proprose Intel addresses the above problems in one to four ways:
[..]

Realize Intel's primary chipset customers are vendors like Dell, HP, and
Gateway, few of which plan on shipping linux desktop systems. Intel is
probably hesitant to produce linux drivers until their customers want
them.

-TFC