[PLUG] [Debian] duplicating a set of installed packages between systems?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sat Jul 26 15:27:01 UTC 2003

I had a harddisk failure this morning that boogered the root directory
on my desktop system.  I lost some files and want to do a clean debian
install, but I want to duplicate the set of packages I had installed
before.  I presume there is a dpkg status file or something similar
that has the information this would need.  Does anyone know how?

Thanks!

--
Russell Senior         ``shtal latta wos ba padre u prett tu nashtonfi
seniorr at aracnet.com      mrlosh''  -- Bashgali Kafir for ``If you have