[PLUG] KVM switch

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jul 27 10:41:03 UTC 2003

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003, Zot O'Connor wrote:

> The best ones I have used so far are the el cheapo from Fry.  The boxes
> say "ICS" And as best I can see it is Intelligent Computer Switch.  The
> 16 port ones are called Maestro I think.  It passed the all important
> "Can I boot NT and still get a mouse working without watching the
> frickin' NT boot screens?" test.  Linksys and several others did not
> pass this test.  Mine is about 4 years old.

  Thanks, Zot. I want to run two linux boxes (RH 7.3 and Slack 9.0) for a
while; not permanently.

  When I googled for information I saw most models are three pairs of cables
with a single connector on the other end. I suppose the monitor, keyboard
and mouse plug into the big connector, then the two (that's what I was
looking for) pairs of connectors go to each machine.

  Your setup looks much more complex.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)