[PLUG] KVM switch

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Mon Jul 28 22:37:01 UTC 2003

>  Most
> bios's I'm aware don't support operation without a keyboard and stop the
> boot process if one is not found.  Yes, there are some but they seem to
> be the exception.  An item like a "keyboard loopback plug" seem to
> non-existent.
> The upshod is that most Intel computers require a keyboard to boot
> successfully.  A KVM alleviates a cacophony of keyboards in a small area.

If you go into many modern bios you can tell it not to halt of any errors.
 The keyboard and mouse are considered errors.  Just tell it not to halt
on Keyboard error.  I have a headless/mouseless/keyboardless linux box
that I use and remote boot all the time.  I just had to tell the bios not
to halt on errors.

Still can't play with the bios settings and boot stuff but usually don't
need that.

Josh