Fwd: Re: [PLUG] Should be a TRIVIAL fix ...

guy1656 guy1656 at ados.com
Tue Jul 29 14:37:02 UTC 2003

Reply as forwarded.
- GLL

----------  FWD  ----------

Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [PLUG] Should be a TRIVIAL fix ...
Date: 29 Jul 2003 11:51:26 -0700
From: Kort E Patterson <kort at overalltech.net>
To: guy1656 at ados.com

On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 19:55, guy1656 wrote:
> [...]

Didn't try fdisk.  The partition info seems to be intact since it was
possible to access the drive using vmware/win2k.  This also indicates
that the hardware and disk are working and properly formatted.

> > - attempting to mount drive returns "too many file systems open" or
> > "not a block device" errors
>
> What exactly did you try to mount? I believe that the stock formated zip
> drives mount as /dev/sda4, even though there is only one partition.

I did trying mounting both sda and sda4.  I fact, since I've gotten
tricked by similar situations with other media, I tried mounting all
possible variations - sda1, sda2, sda3, sda4, sda5, etc.  All returned
"not a block device" errors except sda, which returned "too many open
file systems or bad superblock" errors.

--
Kort E Patterson
http://www.overalltech.net