[PLUG] Current PLUG Speakers Schedule?? PLUG SPEAKERS NEEDED

David Mandel dmandel at pdxLinux.org
Tue Jul 29 21:18:19 UTC 2003

Hello,

    The Portland Linux/Unix Group needs speakers.
In fact, we still need a speaker for Thursday August 7, 2003.
This is your chance to become famous.  Anyone who wants to
volunteer, please contact me at dmandel at pdxLinux.org.

Currently scheduled PLUG Speakers

   None

People who have expressed interest in speaking at some point include:

   Dale Zeutenhorst <dale at microsharp.com>
        A Description of Security Features in Mandrake

   Wil Cooley <wcooley at nakedape.cc>
        To be announced

   Randal L. Schwartz <merlyn at stonehenge.com>
        To be announced
        April 3, 2003

   Dave Lister <Dave at idatacon.com>
        Keith Lofstrom <keithl at ieee.org> recommends him, but I
        haven't been able to contact him yet.
        He has written on the Portland Water Bureau software fiasco.

   Omer Hickman <the_lord_of_chaos at techie.com>
        Omer has volunteered to speak using PHP and mySQL to build
        web pages.  We still need to schedule him.

   Michael Hall <mph at puddingbowl.org> formerly of LinuxToday
        I have talked to him about speaking, and I think we could
        schedule him sometime.  I just haven't done it yet.

    Ok, have I missed anyone?  If so, let me know.  Speakers are always
welcome.  And next, could people let me know when they would like to
be scheduled.

                                          Sincerely,
                                          David Mandel
                                          Chief Activist