[PLUG] imap retrieval

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Mon Jun 2 12:22:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 12:17, Michael Montagne wrote:
> I need to automate the download of messages from an Exchange Mail folder
> (or two).  I tried to use fetchmail but there are numerous incorrect
> headers (these are spam messages) that cause fetchmail to not downlaod
> anything.  This is documented on their mailing list as an issue, but
> since messages with this problem are usually spam, they are not
> concerned.  So I need to find a way to retrieve the mails and put them
> in a mailbox on a linux machine.  I need these so I can run sa-learn on
> them, therefore the headers should be unaltered.

You might try writing your own client in Perl or Python.  Both have
modules for speaking IMAP.  A couple hours with RFC 2060 and the man
pages and you should be good to go.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
*     Tired of spam and viruses in your e-mail?  Get the     *
* Naked Ape Mail Defender! http://nakedape.cc/r/maildefender *