[PLUG] .NET technology on Linux or a good substitution?

Alex Daniloff alex at daniloff.com
Mon Jun 2 14:28:02 UTC 2003

-------------------

> Alex> One of our managers - M$ addicted drone insists on using ..NET
> Alex> with ISII on WinXP platform instead of FastCGI, Apache MySQL
on
> Alex> Linux. What arguments can I give him to go with the Open
Source
> Alex> web environment?
>
> Flippant reply (not informed by any actual experience with .NET
> whatsoever) follows:
>
>   Ask him if he wants his company to turn a profit or piss all the
>   revenue away solving stupid unproductive problems.

Sorry, I'm not in a position to ask him such a question.
You know all this corporate politic, subordinance and other things.
All I can do is to present him with evidences that .NET is a not
worthy technology to standardize upon.
I would be very happy if somebody on this list can provide some
information on .NET vs other technology, preferably open sourced.

Thanks in advance.

Alex