[PLUG] State Government Leaders at Grant HS

david pool dpool at hevanet.com
Thu Jun 5 17:58:01 UTC 2003

Senator Brown pointed me to the opportunity to address Portland's
Eastside legislators all gathered together in order to hear from the
people (that's us). It looks sweet:

SPECIAL COMBINED TOWN HALL MEETING
***
12  East Portland Legislators,
Plus: Senate President Peter Courtney, and
Senate Ways & Means Co-Chair Kurt Schrader
***
Monday, June 9th
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Grant High School - 2245 NE 36th Ave., Portland

SENATE LEADERS TO JOIN EAST PORTLAND LEGISLATORS AT A SPECIAL COMBINED
TOWN HALL MEETING JUNE 9TH

PORTLAND - Leaders of the state Senate and House will join legislators
representing North, Northeast, and Southeast Portland and East Multnomah
County for a rare combined town hall meeting on June 9th at 7:00 PM at
Grant High School.

Senate President Peter Courtney and Senator Kurt Schrader, co-chair of
the Ways and Means committee, will be the featured guests. They will be
joined by:

Sen. Kate Brown 				Rep. Deborah Kafoury
   Senate Democratic Leader 		   House Democratic Leader
Sen. Margaret Carter 			Rep. Jeff Merkley
Sen. Avel Gordly 				Rep. Laurie
Monnes-Anderson
Rep. Jackie Dingfelder			Rep. Diane Rosenbaum
Rep. Gary Hansen				Rep. Mike Schaufler
Rep. Steve March				Rep. Carolyn Tomei

The legislators said their goal is to bring the Legislature to the
community, since few citizens have the time to travel to Salem during
the week. "This is their Legislature and their government.  We want to
hear from them," Brown said.