Answers -- Re: [PLUG] I still can't go to meetings, but I still need help.

Matt Chorman matt at legalizefreedom.org
Sat Jun 7 06:53:01 UTC 2003

> If your spare drive is NTFS you will have to use some other media
> (either a separate computer, floppy, cd, ...). NTFS support isn't at a
> useable state in linux yet.

Umm.. ok.. If he want's "access" (i.e.readable access) to an NTFS partition
then this is built into the kernel (as long as it was compiled in or as a
module.. With Redhat I can almost guarantee it is..) I have been using the
NTFS module to read my XP partition for quite a while - at least two years
or so (but back then it was a 2000 partition).. Mandrake has a utility to
resize an NTFS partition.. Perhaps "NTFS write support is not in a stable
state on linux yet" is what you meant to say?