[PLUG] Problem getting motherboard on a Linux compatibility list...

Launi launi at zaramyth.net
Sat Jun 7 19:19:02 UTC 2003

  >Is there any business in the Portland, Scappoose, St. Helens
  >area that understands I will only go with a 100% Linux
  >compatible board and that I want to be as current as
  >possible?  Preferably Pentium 4, although
  >a 1 gig PIII is a good minimum guideline.  100% compatible
  >means that no devices on the board need to be disabled to
  >use it with
  >Linux.

 I got a ASUS P4GE-V from ENU in Hillsboro.  It has onboard video and audio.
Since I was building a server I was not concerned about the onboard audio.
The onboard video works great.  The only problem that I had was that it took
three trips to figure out that I had purchased a bad P4 processor.

I'm running RH 9 on it with 1 GB RAM and RAID 5.

Lonnie Wormley