[PLUG] AIM Clone

Michael Hopcroft mhopcroft at seraphimguard.com
Sun Jun 8 09:44:01 UTC 2003

Where can I find Linux software that allows me to accept AOL instant
Messenger users? At least one and possibly more of my colleagues refuses
to use ICQ (supposedly the Windows version plays havoc with firewalls)
and I need to get in touch with him every so often my a more immediate
means than e-mail. I know there is software offered that allows access
to the AOL IM network -- I've even seen it listed as coming with some
dsitros. However, although LICQ came with Red Hat 9 this software did
not (or at least I don't recongize it if it did).

If there a website that offers a comprehensive listing and download
point for Linux Internet software in general?

----
Seraphim Guard -- The Game is Far from Up!
http://www.seraphimguard.com