[PLUG] dhcpcd crashes consistently

Kyle Accardi sandbox at pacifier.com
Mon Jun 9 11:48:02 UTC 2003

This happens on two different laptops, the only commonality is similiar NICs
(Intel Pro100 pcmcia) and RedHat 7.3.

After booting the laptop, an address is assigned okay from my dhcp server
and I start an ssh session to another machine.  After ~2 minutes the
connection locks up.

Client's (laptop) /var/log/messages reads,

dhcpcd[1047]: sendto: Socket operation on non-socket
dhcpcd[1047]: dhcpStop: ioctl SIOSIFADDR: Inappropriate ioctl for device
dhcpcd[1047]: dhcpStop: ioctl SIOSIFFLAGS: Inappropriate ioctl for device

I switch to vt2 and can ping the server so the interface stays up, but
whatever causes this glitch, nukes ssh.

If I close the xterm (killing the ssh session) and open another xterm and
start another ssh session, everything works fine forever.

process 1047 reads
/sbin/dhcpcd -n -h dinky eth0

Q: Does this look like a driver issue? (Have had good luck with the e100
driver for pci nics)  Or is it a dhcpcd issue?  (Two other machines are also
using this daemon and e100 for pci cards and do not have this problem AFAICT.)

--
Kyle Accardi