[PLUG] ATTBI to Comcast switch

Matt Chorman matt at legalizefreedom.org
Mon Jun 9 14:35:02 UTC 2003

This CAN be true, but having worked at a company that had a "special"
overpriced contract with Sprint for a couple of T-1s I can say that lots and
lots of money doesn't always equal satisfaction either. I cannot count how
many times the upstream DNS server would delete the reverse dns records. It
was always an "oops!" situation involving the CEO's email getting rejected
from a client that would alert us to this situation too!!!

Pluses of DSL over cablemodem (in this area):
*Future upgradeability
*Not getting constant advertisements for services I will never use (i.e.
television)
Pluses of Cablemodem over DSL:
*"Standard" Higher download bandwidth
*Not getting constant advertisements for services I will never use (i.e.
telephone)