[PLUG] Firewall software

Matt Chorman matt at legalizefreedom.org
Tue Jun 10 07:38:01 UTC 2003

Speaking of firewalls..

I like firestarter - it is a simple little utility that keeps me from having to dig into firewall.sh too much. It has a very basic gui which allows you to monitor your firewall's effectiveness.. It's worked so far, but it is rather limited..

I would like a different/new firewall monitor. I've looked around but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Has anyone used Watchguard's firewall utility? It shows current connections as well as violations. It allows you to assign nodes to groups for quick visual identification.. It is a very functional utility. I can't seem to find a utility like this for linux..

So my question to the masses: what firewall software do you use? Is there anything out there that will show both current and attempted connections and give me the information I need? My requirements are a visual interface (so my roommate with limited linux experience can navigate through it) and a "connection"-based display, i.e. open ports with open connections show on the list as well as attempts on closed ports..

Thanks!
Matt