[PLUG] Getting a red Hat system to play audio files

Scott Van Hoosen svanhoosen at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 14:36:02 UTC 2003

Michael,

Red Hat removed MP3 support from xmms due to patent
issues, I believe. There is an rpm that will add mp3
support back into it. It is no longer on their web
page like it used to be, but I have posted a copy of
it to my web page. This is actually the Red Hat 8
version, but works for Red Hat 9. The URL is:

http://vanhoosen.net/temp/xmms-mpg123-1.2.7-13.i386.rpm

Hope this helps.

-Scott

--- Michael Hopcroft <mhopcroft at seraphimguard.com>