[PLUG] Sound of faliure

Michael Hopcroft mhopcroft at seraphimguard.com
Tue Jun 10 14:59:02 UTC 2003

Update: turns out WAV files won;t play either. My sound is built into my
motherboard, so it could be that my sound is completely wonky and that
it isn;t a software problem at all.

Anyone got a cheap Sound Blaster they aren't using? I think most Sound
Blaster sound cards are compatible with Red Hat.

I'm also wondering if there is a shop that specializes in
Linux-compatible equipment like sound cards, video cards and monitors.
As it is, I have yet to find a retailer that supports Linux beyond
supplying distros on CD.

Finally, if red Hat does continue to give me problems, is there a way to
switch distros without losing data, or does installing one distro format
all drives built around another?

Michael Hopcroft