[PLUG] Re: oreilly hacks event discrepancy

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Wed Jun 11 13:29:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-06-11 at 13:05, Matt Whiteley wrote:
> After reading your message I believe I may have sounded whiny before
> which was definitly not my intention or view.  I am a student and I read
> a lot of O'Reilly books.  When they are on sale I try to take advantage
> and buy one or two.  The email I had read on the list some time ago got
> me really excited that I would be able to get 50% off a new book.  I was
> disappointed because I had been planning on this for awhile and holding
> off a book purchase only to be told it wasn't true, I don't think that
> was unwarranted or extreme complaining.

You know you can also get new ORA books at a 20% discount with a user
group code?  I don't know if PLUG has one, but PASA does and you can use
it.  Check the list archives at http://pasa.portland.or.us for the
forwards I send from O'Reilly.  I think you can also get Cisco Press
books at a discount through PACUG; check the archive:
http://mail.patch.com/mailman/private/pacug/.

> I just talked to the manager and they are in fact giving the books away
> they just hadn't advertised it in hopes of not running out it seems.  So
> if you buy one O'Reilly book of equal or greater value you get one of
> the Hacks books for free.  Maybe I will see some of you there.

I should be.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
*     Tired of spam and viruses in your e-mail?  Get the     *
* Naked Ape Mail Defender! http://nakedape.cc/r/maildefender *