[PLUG] starting the new mozilla

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 11 16:11:02 UTC 2003

  I just upgraded from mozilla-1.2.1 to mozilla-1.3.1. I cannot get it
running from the Xfce icon.

  Version 1.2.1 (and earlier) was installed in /usr/lib/mozilla-<verson>
with the invoking script in /usr/bin/mozilla. So, the command line
associated with the xfce panel's icon was '/usr/bin/mozilla' and this worked
just fine.

  Version 1.3.1 is installed in /usr/local/mozilla and the script to turn
over the engine and get it running is run-mozilla.sh. I made
/usr/local/mozilla owned by rshepard.users and so are all files below that
directory.

  From the command line, typing '/usr/local/mozilla/run-mozilla.sh' results
in:

[rshepard at salmo ~]$ /usr/local/mozilla/run-mozilla.sh

run-mozilla.sh: Cannot execute .

  But, typing 'cd /usr/local/mozilla/; ./run-mozilla.sh' works as expected.
Unless that same command is presented by the panel button. Then nothing
happens. I'm confused why the string works from the command line but not
from the icon's command line.

Any ideas?

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President