[PLUG] starting the new mozilla

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jun 11 17:01:01 UTC 2003

On 11 Jun 2003, Wil Cooley wrote:

> Mozilla looks in its current working directory for chrome, loadable
> libraries, etc.  I think you might also be able to set 'MOZILLA_HOME' to
> its home and get it to work.

Wil,

  Well, this has completely boggled my little mind. I modified
~/.bash_profile to set "MOZILLA_HOME" to /usr/loca/mozilla. Made no
difference.

  Then I wrote a shell script called run-mozilla:

cd /usr/local/mozilla
./run-mozilla.sh
cd

  and made it executable (775, in fact). I can run the script from the
command prompt but not from the icon. I have another shell script (for an
old accounting program) that has the same syntax. I can fire that up from an
icon using the command line '~/proven'. The equivalent syntax
('~/run-mozilla) does nothing.

  Very puzzling. What can be causing this?

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)