[PLUG] ATTBI to Comcast switch

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Wed Jun 11 21:26:02 UTC 2003

>>>>> "Steven" == Steven A Adams <stevea at nwtechops.com> writes:

Steven> No matter how I look at this I still don't see any technical
Steven> issues to support one technology over the other.

There _are_ substantial technical reasons to choose one technology
over another one, but they aren't particularly security reasons, they
are ISP (and thus policy) choice reasons.  With DSL you have a lot
more (many) choices than for cable (essentially one).  With DSL you
can shop around for an ISP that meets your service and policy needs.
With cable, you'd better hope that one-size-fits-you [1].

[1] actually two sizes these days, but still a lot less choice than DSL.

--
Russell Senior          ``Rome is strangling my people and my country... the
seniorr at aracnet.com       whole earth.  But not forever!  I tell you, the day