[PLUG] Microsoft to kill popular Linux antivirus product (fwd)

Ed Sawicki ed at alcpress.com
Thu Jun 12 08:00:03 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 06:23, Rich Shepard wrote:
> MICROSOFT TO KILL POPULAR LINUX ANTIVIRUS PRODUCT
>      (Source: LinuxWorld.com) Users and resellers of RAV
> AntiVirus, popular especially on Linux platforms, are in limbo
> after Microsoft announced plans to buy the RAV technology from
> Romania's GeCAD Software.
> http://www.linuxworld.com/go.cgi?id=742532

I can't seem to come up with a scenario where I would
care about this. Nothing I do here makes me vulnerable
to viruses. My email program doesn't automatically run
binary attachments, javascript, etc. I don't run FTP.
I strictly control access via my firewall. I generally
install new software from source. My desktop computer
doesn't run any daemons that are better run on a server.
My server daemons run as non-root and in a jail or
on a separate computer or in a UML when that's not
possible.

Is there a vulnerability I don't see?

--
Ed Sawicki <ed at alcpress.com>