[PLUG] Microsoft to kill popular Linux antivirus product (fwd)

Petcher, Danielx J danielx.j.petcher at intel.com
Thu Jun 12 08:12:10 UTC 2003

If you're networked, you are theoretically vulnerable to someone
invading your system from outside. (Though I'm sure you've got a
firewall of some sort, there may be a newly discovered vulnerability.)

If any computer behind your firewall is in a physically insecure area,
someone could theoretically gain control of it and insert malicious
code.

If there's a technically unsophisticated user (especially one whose
privileges are set too high) behind your firewall who can be tricked
into executing malicious code, someone could theoretically gain control
of your computer.

Nobody's perfectly safe, but a few common precautions can protect you
from the majority of threats.
-djp