[PLUG] Debian Network Problem

Matt Chorman matt at legalizefreedom.org
Thu Jun 12 20:40:03 UTC 2003

If you are looking for an automatic dependancy resolution/package
downloader/portage system, try gentoo.. I've installed it on everything from
a p120 laptop to an athlon xp 2000 - and everything in between.. Granted,
you do have to wait for everything to compile but it is well worth the wait.
Most gentoo users are either ex-debian users or newbs (or so it seems from
the forums.)

Bonus - you don't have to download a bunch of isos. In fact, you don't have
to download ANY isos if you don't wish to.. You can install from an existing
installation, as long as it has net access and chroot ability (you will just
have to wait for bootstraping to finish which takes a few hours by itself,
more or less depending on system speed.).