[PLUG] Class and.or tutoring in Red Hat 9

Carla Schroder pluglist at bratgrrl.com
Sun Jun 15 17:48:02 UTC 2003

On Sunday 15 June 2003 11:55 am, Michael Hopcroft wrote:
>  Does anyone know of either a weekend seminar I can attend or a tutor
> who will come over and teach me the fundamentals? Alternatively, is
> there a really good manual for Red Hat 9 that assumes the user is an
> absolute beginner with Linux?

So, given the number of under/unemployed persons here, this sounds like a nice
little opportunity. I'd love to lend a hand, but commuting from Eastern
Oregon is a bit much. :)

Have you looked at the manuals that come with Red Hat? I think they are very
good. Hard copies come with the boxed sets, and also the complete set is
available somewheres on redhat.com. I recommend starting there. As Ed pointed
out, Red Hat does things their own way, so starting with the RH manuals will
get you up and running faster than anything else.

Red Hat has a habit of changing things with every release, so you really want
the manuals for your specific release.

Another thing to keep in mind is most of the software is third-party, such as
the window managers & desktop environments. The RH manuals will help some
with those, for deeper knowledge visit their various web sites. Sign up for
support lists wherever you can, for example KDE has its own lists, you'll get
better help there than on a general list like PLUG.

--
Carla Schroder