[PLUG] Setting up basic X on Debian Sarge

Steve Jorgensen jorgens at coho.net
Mon Jun 16 22:57:01 UTC 2003

More on my xfree86 problem...

When I try to run the script to start xfs, it says it's already started,
but I don't see anything that looks like xfs in ps -A.

I checked in /var/log/messages, and I see the following messages:
Jun 15 23:03:42 syarchive Xprt_64: Couldn't open RGB_DB
'usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb
Jun 15 23:03:43 syarchive Xprt_64: error opening security policy file
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy
Jun 15 23:03:43 syarchive Xprt_64:
Jun 15 23:03:43 syarchive Xprt_64: Fatal server error:
Jun 15 23:03:43 syarchive Xprt_64: could not open default font 'fixed'.

I remember the configuration sequence specifically telling me it was going
to set up RGB and the Security Policy, and it didn't report any errors, so
I don't know what the problem is.

Thanks,

- Steve Jorgensen