[PLUG] Kernel Compile

Steven A. Adams stevea at nwtechops.com
Tue Jun 17 17:32:02 UTC 2003

I bounce off of this problem with IBM OSA Express drivers with every
kernel update. Look in /lib/modules/<kernelrev> directory tree for your
previous drivers (normally found in the kernel/drivers/net dir) and cp
them to your new kernels /lib/modules. Once that's done you can rename
the new kernels modules.dep and bounce the install.

Of course if you compiled the kernel with your nic driver static then
this is a waste of time.