[PLUG] Error building Debian 2.4.20 Kernel w/ uml patches

Steve Jorgensen jorgens at coho.net
Wed Jun 18 14:20:02 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I've tried installing all the User Mode Linux stuff, and was able to build
an image using rootstrap that almost boots, but gives some error messages
that I won't bother to list because they pretty clearly look like they mean
my host kernel needed uml patching.

So, I installed the Debian (Sarge/Testing) 2.4.20 kernel source and uml
patch packages, applied the patch, configured the kernel, then tried to
make the kernel package using make-kpkg --initrd --revision=2:syarchive.1
kernel_image.  This failed because of a compile error.

The first error message (all subsequent errors seem to logically follow
from here) is...
ide-cd.h:44: error: long, short, or unsigned used invalidly for
'slot_tablelen'

Does anyone know the cause/cure for this error message?

Thanks,

- Steve Jorgensen