[PLUG] consumer reports

Russell Evans russell-evans at uswest.net
Wed Jun 18 21:52:02 UTC 2003

http://www.consumerreports.org/main/detailv2.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=317385&FOL
DER%3C%3Efolder_id=162693

I thought this was interesting. Hardware support and opening MS application
file seem to be the issues everyone new to Linux points out.

I was thinking this might be an opportunity if someone could re-badge products
that work with Linux to sell at Wal-Mart, i.e build a brand that Wal-Mart
shoppers would associate with Linux or products that are stamped Linux only
like MAC products. I don't know how hard it would be to make a deal with some
printer, scanner, camera, ... manufacturers to OEM equipment, but its seems
like Wal-Mart would want the products. It also seems like it would be possible
to get a couple of pre-agreements from a couple of manufacturers and Wal-Mart
to take to the bank to get financing, hmm, probably not.

Thank you
Russell