[PLUG] HB 2892: Forwarded Message

david pool dpool at hevanet.com
Thu Jun 19 15:15:03 UTC 2003

Cooper Stevenson wrote:

>On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 14:17, david pool wrote:
>
>>Egads, they scanned the damn things. Well, you can't grep a dead expense
>>account I guess.
>>

>I scanned hers and other Representative's campaign contribution reports.
>It was like, "why don't they want to see this go to a vote?"

You scanned them? Hmmmmm. If we could get a character recognition
program to put it into a computer readable format, then we could claim
to have grepped a dead tree, right?

ps by the way, the Oregon Freedom of Information Act explicitly states
that if information is available in a convenient format, it has to be
given away in that format.