[PLUG] Hard drive recovery services local to PDX

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Fri Jun 20 15:36:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003, Colin Kuskie wrote:

> As long as we're on the subject of local services, are there any local
> shops for hard drive recovery?  I have a Seagate hard drive that
> absolutely refuses to mount, and along with the strange ticking sound
> that it makes convinces me that the drive is damaged.

Where ever you go get your wallet out.  Many years ago I sent a 20 MByte
IOMega Bernoulli cartridge in to be recovered.  Cost ... $300.00.  This to
take the disk loose from the center mount/hub/spindle and re-mount it to a
new hub/spindle/thingy.  From your description it sounds like a seriously
broken drive.

   Got backup?  :-)

Rod