[PLUG] VMWare

Holger Stephan holger at selover.net
Mon Jun 23 10:18:01 UTC 2003

VMWare 4 performs very well on my RH8. Windows runs considerably slower
but still very acceptable. Booting and shutting down times seem
identical to original. Unfortunately you have to give VMWare a static
chunk of RAM. Since booting Windows is also not the fasted I leave it
running to keep win32 programs accessible. In effect this meant I had to
buy additional memory.

I see no problem in charging money for an upgrade of commercial
software. They have to pay the developers to get the new version out
somehow. There is just not an endless supply of first time buyers. If a
software doesn't work for me I give it back.

Holger

    * Ed Sawicki <ed at alcpress.com> [2003-06-23 08:00]: