[PLUG] PHP style question

Daniel B. Herrington dan at fiddlers-green.info
Mon Jun 23 15:46:02 UTC 2003

All,

I have a question about $_SERVER and $_SESSION in php 4.3. I am going to set the
application root directory in one of the superglobals. It seems to me it should
be in the $_SERVER because its specific to the application, although on the php
website it says these array  vars are set by the webserver.  The $_SESSION array
seems more for vars that are specific to the use'rs session, like user name,
home dirs, assigned groups, etc.

I was wondering what sort of rule others used for determing what to set in where.

thanks,
Dan H.